Some of the performers for the 54th annual Grammy awards show had been announced and the Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson and Jason Aldean are all confirmed to be taking the stage when the show broadcasted live from Los Angeles on February 12th, 2012. While most of those musical acts have performed at the Grammys in previous years, this will be Aldean and Minaj’s very first time as performers on the Grammys stage. Additional performing artists and award presenters will be announced in the weeks leading up to the show.
The Foo Fighters and Bruno Mars are nominated for 6 Grammy awards each, just behind Kanye West in overall nominations. Both acts are nominated for Album of the Year, among other major awards. Minaj is up for 4 Grammy awards including Best New Artist, while Aldean and Swift are nominated for 3 awards apiece in country music categories. Kelly Clarkson shares 2 nominations with Aldean for their duet “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” which the pair will perform together on the broadcast.
- HBO Has Renewed Enlightened But Cancels Hung, How to Make It in America, and Bored to Death
- David Archuleta To Postpone Music Career To Serve Two Years As A Mormon Missionary
- Steve Jobs To Receive A Posthumous Grammy Award
- Jennifer Lopez Uses The American Music Awards To Get Back At Marc Anthony
- Happy Birthday Britney Spears