The CW network has ordered ten episodes of a new game show called Oh Sit! which it has slated to make its television debut later this season.
The show is described as “musical chairs for adults,” each episode has twenty contestants racing through 5 obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to lay claim a chair while a live band plays. The final contestant left sitting will win a cash prize. Show host, details and premiere date will all come out a later date.
The CW has a rather astonishing track record of unsuccessfully launching unscripted television shows. While the network’s UPN inherited America’s Next Top Model has performed solidly, every other attempt at reality television have not been able to capture the show’s female-skewing 18-34 demo (or for that matter really any demo whatsoever). The action-style Oh Sit! is a shift from most previous attempts since its concept isn’t clearly targeting women. Could this be the first CW reality show to become a hit? I guess we’ll find out when the music stops.
Incoming search terms:
- oh sit commercial
- sit on it game show
- The Family Of The Musician Jewel To Be Featured On Reality Show
- Hulk Hogan Starts A Reality Wrestling Show
- Breaking News! Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz says show is coming back for 1 more season
- Scott Baio Has A Home For a New Show On Nick At Nite
- Confirmed Musical Acts for this year’s Grammys