Well, it’s official we got word today from a source close to production that Dame Maggie Smith is not only leaving the hit television show Downton Abbey and her character will meet its permanent demise.
It all started over money. Downton Abbey producers were not willing to sit down and negotiate any money with its stars and apparently took the tactic of just sending out contracts that were non-negotiable.
The show is currently in production in the UK and may also be losing a few other popular characters as well most notably besides Dame Maggie Smith will be Dan Stevens who plays the character of Matt Crawley as producers determined he and Smith were just too difficult to work with. Siobhan Finneran, who stars as wicked housekeeper Miss O’Brien, and Jessica Brown Findlay, who plays Lady Sybil Branson, have yet to sign on for future seasons as well.
It looks like popularity may be killing off the show but with World War I approaching you knew you’d be seeing a lot of changes on the show anyway.
Incoming search terms:
- Why did Sybil leave downton abbey
- why did downton abbey kill off sybil
- why was sybil crawley killed off
- why did sybil leave downton
- why did sybil leave the show
- why did lady sybil leave
- why are they getting rid of characters on downton abbey
- why did was Lady Sybil cut from the script of Downton Abbey
- why did the downtown abbey writers kill off cybil
- Why did they kill maggie smith off of Downton Abbey
- why kill lady sybil
- why did they kill off civil on downton abbey
- why did they kill off Dan Stevens character on downton abbey
- why did they kill off obrian on downton
- why is downton abbey killing off